Thursday, January 22, 2015

In Which I Cannot Ignore the Name, "Dick Burns"

There's no avoiding these gems from Boy Meets Girl #6.


First, I find it absolutely hilarious that the women are wearing glasses that would contain the optic blasts of Cyclops from the X-Men.

Secondly, the whole idea of this is bizarre.  Romance comics have already determined that heavy girls don't deserve love, and we're now going to narrow the field further by saying that small-breasted women don't get the men, either.  Because there's only one type of woman that all men find attractive, right?  Come to think of it, if my picture was being used to send this message to women, I'd probably want to hide my face behind sunglasses as well.


"Dick" was a pretty common name back in the day, so you're just going to have to take my word for it that I don't list every opportunity to make a joke out of the double-meaning of the name.

That being said, there are some things that I simply cannot resist, and this was one of them.

Dick burns would put a look in your eyes, but I'd hardly call it a "sparkle!"

Thank you for letting me get that out of my system.


Yeah, the honeymoon is over when you're letting your wife light her own 'gerts and crack open her own cans of beer.  It's just how relationships work.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gummboote said...

Mary and Alice both look kind of kinky.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I knew two Biffs (maybe their parents loved wiffle balls) when I was a kid and one guy nicknamed "Chick" from the name Charles. I'm sure I've heard the name Chick in a few noir films from the 40s and 50s.

One of our NBC newcasters is named Dick Johnson and I still laugh when I hear "let's go to Dick Johnson along I-55".