Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Superman, Leprosy, Gorillas, Board Games and Spankings.

Action Comics #363 gives another awesome Neal Adams cover:


I'm still anti-dialogue on comic covers.  Yeah, you wouldn't know what the deal was with his hands, but that mystery would be solved when you... oh, I don't know... read the story inside. Still, Neal Adams did Silver Age covers like no one else.

Now, let's check out the previous issue:


Clark Kent fighting a gorilla wearing a Superman costume?  Dang, I love the Silver Age!

I mentioned yesterday that comics were reluctant to use brand names in their stories.  Then, I see people playing Monopoly. 


I would swear that fifty years ago, they worked that in just to make me look like a chump.  I swear, it's a rare thing... except, apparently, in Supergirl stories.

Enough of this.  Time for a Random Spanking! (tm!):


Yeah, you can tell that she can spank their spines right through their foreheads, and they're still gonna enjoy it.  I would anticipate more alien invasions if that's what they thought they were in for.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The expression on those aliens certainly implies that they are really into the spanking idea.

Cflmaior said...

Speaking of which...let's not forget that depiction of spankings was one of the "deviant acts" that inspired Fredric Wertham to fight for implementation of the Comics Code Authority.

Adam Barnett said...

Wertham clearly needed to get spanked more himself.

Evil said...

"My turn, I hope I get a good property!" Yeah, of course you do, that's the whole point. Did that need to be said?