Friday, April 4, 2014

Superman's SUPER-BURP!

Let's continue our look at Action Comics #265.  I had started it yesterday, but realized this was very fertile ground and I wanted to have time to give it the mad props it deserves.

So, I give you... Brother's Got Game (tm!) Superman Edition! (tm!)





And, of course, Dad says it's perfectly okay to marry Jena because why not let a perfect stranger marry your daughter?



And I love Supes's response to getting married:



Boy, has my wife been there.  There's a great place in Tulsa that has all-you-can-eat fried chicken and Supes has nothin' on Yours Truly.


Well... fried chicken is salty.  I know from whence I speak.

And here's possibly one of the greatest panels of all time:


Yes, that was a CMNS Moment of Comic Book Greatness (tm!) if ever there was one.  The SUPER-BURP!


I love his attitude.  I tell you, if I see more Superman stories that are this hilarious, I'm going to rethink my stance on him.

See you Monday!

5 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Red Kryptonite?

Unknown said...

In the midst of all this, there is the gem of a line:

"To arms! The rebel robots are attacking!"

And it's just snuck in at the back of a panel.

MarvelX42 said...

No. It was a magic spell, there was something in the drink, yeah?

Adam Barnett said...

Like all great romances, this one also had its start in intoxication.

MarvelX42 said...

Looks like it ended with it also.