Tuesday, April 15, 2014

In Which I Probably Manage to Offend My Entire Readership

There are times where I go through a comic and see things and wonder if I'm just being a dirty-birdy.  I don't work blue here at CMNS because that's lazy writing.  But there are times where I just have to wonder.

For instance:


Where the heck is Archie right now?  Is he at a sperm bank or something?  Between the two young ladies "sharing the chair" and the magazine he's being offered, I'm wondering if he isn't there to make a deposit.

But again, am I just being a dirty-birdy?

Anyway, further in the ish: 


First, what Veronica said made me laugh.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure Archie is confused as to where Veronica's eyes are.

Next I saw a "Katy Keene" feature.  It was one of those things where people sent in fashion ideas or sketches or something in the hopes of seeing them in print.  It's a pretty shameless way to get readers... although now I'm wondering if I should be doing that around here.

Anyway, I can say with a fair amount of certainty...


... that Mrs. Earl Sands of Syracuse, N.Y. did not ever have an actual career in fashion design.

But Katy shows us all how to do a breast self-exam, so there's that:


I'm not sure how long a breast self-exam takes, but apparently it goes on for a long time:


Hmmmm.... I'm not trying to armchair quarterback Frank Knight of Sinton, Texas, but I'm pretty sure most ladies would appreciate a strap or some other means of actually keeping the dress attached to the body.  And what's with those huge honkin' flowers?

Anyway, I certainly try to keep the high road, but some days it just seems like there's almost a conspiracy to make me put things on the blog that...


... oh, COME ON!  Tell me you don't think this looks like a group of kids going on a field trip to an opium den.  Was there ever heroin in Baby Ruth candy bars?  Probably not, but they look disproportionately happy to me.  And calling yourself "Pals in pleasure" is just asking for the local vice cops to hassle you.

Although the phrase, "Pals in Pleasure" reminded me of one of my favorite albums from my youth: Charlie Sexton's Pictures for Pleasure.  Let's jam!



We'll start fresh tomorrow, my lovelies!  See you then!  

3 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

I have one thing to say about Charlie Sexton: "I am not impressed."

Adam Barnett said...

Well, you've got to cut him some slack. He was 16 years old when he made that album and the record label tried to repackage him as a teenage David Bowie, when he was really known for his guitar skills and they were de-emphasized. He actually plays guitar for Bob Dylan, so he's got some chops. He's also recorded with Keith Richards, Dave Matthews and Don Henley. He's no slouch in the musicianship department. And as an 80's, album, "Pictures for Pleasure" is one of the better pop rock albums of the decade.

MarvelX42 said...

I hate when that happens. Same thing happened to P!nk and countless other artists.