Tuesday, December 3, 2013

EVERYBODY DO THE MICHIGAN RAAAAAAAG! EVERYBODY LOVES THE MICHIGAN RAAAAAG!


Oh, my goodness.  Check out this little gem from Action Comics #200:


Well-um, of course-um I am-um a real-um Indian!  Um.

And FYI, I live in Oklahoma.  I've seen a Native American or two.  Or two thousand.  And I have never seen one wearing full pow-wow regalia outside of a pow-wow.  The things they got away with back in the day.

But it's not like I don't see something that makes me cringe every so often out of a newer book as well.  F'rinstance, I'm finally getting around to reading the Flashpoint arc... at least, the few titles I have that grabbed me, and Subway restaurants saw fit to not just take out ads, but to go on for pages about how important Subway is to the Justice League.  It's like one of those old Hostess ads that just goes on and on without mercy.

And then we run into this:


Okay, I have never told another human being that they are "looking good," even if I think they do.  And I sure wouldn't congratulate 'em for just eating a freakin' sandwich.  But Hal Jordan apparently thinks this is a triumph of athleticism.  Oy!

Over the break, it occurred to me who the Bullfrog reminded me of:



You totally see it.  Don't act like you don't.  

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHaCEhOiWU

Buzz said...

Wow. I wonder if Subway will get any real millage out of that. I mean, how many Americans actually read comics anymore (besides me)?

I wish this blog had a "like" button I could click.

Especially after today's post.