Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Why Does the Fat Kid Always Get the Grunt Work?

Dear Ones, I have a heck of a day coming, so there probably won't be a new post tomorrow.  Sorry about that, but I'll be back in the saddle, better than ever, on Friday!

Meanwhile, let's take a look at Golden Age Green Lantern #17:


Excuse me???

So, if my friend is under arrest and tries to escape, the cops get to shoot me?  What the heck passed for police procedure back in the 40's?

Meanwhile...


Green Lantern's friends spent considerably less time with him after his conversion to the Church of Saturn...

Hey!  It's Captain Tootsie!


What I want to know is where the heck Jimmy found a live hand grenade?  I would understand if she said that he found in the belongings of a relative who had returned from war, but he just found it?  Was this a common problem in America back in the day?  Hootin' Zoots!

5 comments:

Buzz said...

...i had a slightly different interpretation of the phrase "drill your pal"

Yael said...

Hey man, I think you can stop apologizing for skipping days. We (well, I can only speak for myself, but I hope other readers share this sentiment) love the blog and are very grateful for your posts, when you can write them - but you have work, and family, and a life in general. It's very understandable. I don't think anyone thinks any less of you for having to take some time off the blog now and then (and if anyone does, well, they really shouldn't).

Adam Barnett said...

Yeah, folks are pretty nice about it, but I'm so appreciative of having a readership that I feel badly when I can't deliver. You're right, though. It's all about the love here, so I shouldn't beat myself up when I have to miss a day. :-)

Buzz said...

There's definitely no need to feel bad about not posting, but I really do appreciate you notifying us. (Of course, I would understand if you weren't able to.)

Adam Barnett said...

Thanks, Vince. If I know there's not going to be a post, I try to say something. Once during the ice storm, I was out for days unexpectedly and thought "People are going to quit reading my blog because I can't post anything!" :-)