Thursday, July 25, 2013

Seriously, Though.... Don't Give a Dog Lipstick


Oy!  That was a terrible storm, and I am without power at Casa CMNS  and there's no air-conditioning where I work, so this is not my favorite day.

But you know what makes every day just a teeny bit better?  Blogging.

Courtesy of Robert Gillis, here's an Excessively Impossibly Expository Monlogue!


I remember this cover from a house ad.  Good stuff.  And here's some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!) courtesy of Lois Lane #1:



Oh, I don't know... there are some truck stops where it's hard to keep the "sword drinkers" away!

Good stuff, Robert!

Here are some bits n' pieces from Startling Comics #24:


It's funny if you pretend the first guy's name is "Larry."



You know what makes this funny?  Look at that panel while listening to this:




Here's something I didn't know about the Golden Age:



Women apparently weren't into lipstick.

Enough of that.  Let's finish with more Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)



4 comments:

Mike Reeves-McMillan said...

Not sure if you're aware, but at the point where you insert the video, it apparently breaks the RSS feed and everything after that (including the video) can't be read in Feedly.

It's happening pretty consistently.

Adam Barnett said...

Hmmmmm... interesting. Does it happen every time I put in a video, or just this particular post?

Mike Reeves-McMillan said...

Every time, at least recently.

MarvelX42 said...

What is feedly? Everything always works for me.