Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I - - My Flipper! Wednesday!

Before I forget, I want to take a moment to say a big thanks to everyone who has sent me panels to use on the site. I'm keeping them in reserve for days when I don't have time to cultivate material, so please accept my gratitude for giving me a cushion. Between job, household projects and finding time to work on the upcoming Call Me Victoire graphic novel, there are days when I just run out of time, and you guys are lifesavers when that happens!

Now, for some Great Moments in Comics! (tm!)


I'm not sure how strong a hundred dinosaurs would be, and I'm a little skeptical that Robin really knows either. But he seems pretty sure....


Yes, it's out of context, but you have to admit it rocks.

I'm now at the point in Detective Comics where they started putting Aquaman stories in. I'm really not sure who considered Aquaman a detective. I mean, he occasionally had his "that sea monster is a phony!" moment, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Ralph Dibney or Roy Raymond.

That being said, this panel is hilarious:


What is there not to like about that? You've got a demon, a giant sea horse, and a command to mount your porpoise! I think I have to quit reading comics now, because I've clearly reached the pinnacle of the art form.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

I can see it now: "Mount Your Porpoise - the Aquaman Musical." Featuring Batman in the high-kicking dance number "I -- My Flipper!"

MarvelX42 said...

Demon on a giant seahorse? Didn't they do somethin like that on Metalocalypse?

Rose said...

I must say, Aquaman is my favorite superhero {Don't judge me!} so it was interesting to see him again on here! Even if he was saying something the terribly immature side of me found incredibly dirty...

But D.B. that would be a truly epic musical. I would go see it opening night. And again, and again...