Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cheap Equipment, Winged Tigers and Fire-Breathing Iguanas Tuesday!

Let's say you're Green Arrow. You fight crime with arrows. You'd think that, because your ability to fire an arrow is critical to your survival, you would probably invest in a pretty strong bow.

You'd think that:


Now, I know that Green Arrow is going to have some pretty mighty biceps and all. He's not superhuman, but all that archery is going give you some muscle development. I had the same thing happen to me when I was fourteen and worked at a Baskin-Robbins. The only problem is, I only developed the muscles in my "dipping arm." But I digress.

If a non-superhuman person can snap a bow, I'm prepared to say you're using some dangerously cheap equipment. I don't know whether Ollie picked it up off Craigslist or what, but until you have a bow that you can't just snap in the middle using nothing more than your upper body strength as you're falling upside-down, it's time to upgrade. I'm just saying.

Ugh. I'm tired. Let's just see Batman riding a winged tiger and call it a day:


Ahhhh. Thanks, World's Finest #282! While I've got you here, how about Superman fighting a dragon that looks like an iguana?


Comics, no wonder we love you so.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Zocktastic said...

Maybe Ollie built in a failsafe so the bow would break easily in that one spot? Nah. That's giving the writers way too much credit.

The head is more dinosaur-y, but the body of that dragon is hilariously accurate to a real life iguana.

LissBirds said...

Batman riding a tiger? Dare I even ask....?

Britt Reid said...

GA didn't have a grappling-hook arrow in his quiver?
I'm sure he did in a previous story...

Unknown said...

I'm with LissBirds on that one...exactly what I was thinking! lol