Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stockholm Syndrome Tuesday!

A little celebration in co-dependency from World's Finest #134:


You know, Alfred, the man has you cleaning his toilets and washing his soiled undergarments. I can understand that you might be a little worried about the prospect of having to find new employment, but this is hardly worth stressing the dog over.

Hey! Let's have some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm!):


Wow. For my non-comic nerd readers, let me give you a tip: If you're ever alone with Green Arrow, wearing handcuffs, and he says something like that to you.... well, just go to your happy place, my friends. Oliver gets around.

A little bonus one from World's Finest #140:


Oh, my. Oh, my my my. I suppose I could put that in context and probably save myself some angry e-mails, but I'm just going to leave that one where it landed.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Aurora Moon said...

it doesn't help that in the thumbnail, the blue steering thing is set at crotch level. so it looks like green arrow is grabbing something else entirely different at first, if you know what I mean. *wink, nudge, nudge.*

I was like "wtf, is he actually grabbing that part of himself??" *clicks thumbnail, and sees the blue steering wheel in the slightly larger image.* "oh! so that was WHAT he was grabbing... heheheh."

Thomas Fummo said...

I thought exactly the same thing, Aurora.


That was a creepy experience.
And I can't even TRY to imagine how 'a swallow away from freedom' could make any sense OUT of a sexual innuendo context.
Now I'm curious to see what the original context was. Don't worry, I won't send you angry emails :-)

SallyP said...

Oh Ollie.

I laughed andlaughed.

Adam Barnett said...

Original context of "I'm one swallow away from freedom": Clayface, while in prison and in human form, got hold of the liquid that gave him his powers.

Zocktastic said...

I didn't see the handcuffs at first, so combine that with the crook's befuddled look, and I had assumed he was out begging for alms when GA just teleported him up into his... whatever vehicle that is.

And is that really Clayface's original uhh, origin? The Animated Series version, with the whole addictive make up story, was a lot more creative and involving.

Hey! Would that count as a Random Liquid Usage ("RLU")?