Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Legion of Substitute Tuesday!

Yes, there were characters that were even sillier than Matter-Eater Lad. No one could justify putting them in the Legion, but work product is work product, so here we go....


Check out Polar Boy.... he's the guy in front that took a bunch of rejects and created the Legion of Substitute Heroes. Sadly, that's not my joke.

Polar Boy had the most inexplicable costume ever. Check out his origin:


Are you with me so far? Their sun was so hot, the heat would have killed them if they couldn't generate cold. But if it's so dang hot, why is everyone wearing gloves and ear muffs???? That sort of thing really bothers me....

and by the way, Polar Boy: Fur is Murder. Moving on.


This is a young lady I like to call "Owl's Nest-Hair Girl." That wasn't her actual name, but I like mine better. It's amazing what 30th Century V05 could do....


Why they didn't call this guy "Broccoli Boy," I'll never understand. I mean, look at him! With a battle cry of "Ho ho ho.... Broccoli Boy!" he could have been more popular than Wildfire was in the 70's.


KNEEL BEFORE THE HYPNO COIN! MAKE ATTRACTIVE WOMEN WALK LIKE ROBOTS WITH THEIR ARMS INEXPLICABLY EXTENDED! BOW BEFORE THE SOUL-CRUSHING MIGHT OF THE HYPNO COIN!

7 comments:

FoldedSoup said...

If you put a hypno-coin in place of each owl eye on beehive-lass' chest emblem....

Why, you'd have a sexual harassment suit in the making!

Snorii said...

All hail the hypno-coin!!!

Anonymous said...

So that's where Amy Winehouse got her look.

SallyP said...

Oh Soup!

Great. Now I can't get that image out of my mind. Did the Legion ever do anything EXCEPT hold try-outs for losers?

mwb said...

"Broccoli Boy" - I noticed that back when I was reading the first Showcase Present Legion book.

I'm glad I'm not the only who thought that.

Do we need anymore proof that prospective heroes shouldn't design their own costumes?

Sea-of-Green said...

How many hypno coins does one need to purchase a hypno toad? ;-)

Anonymous said...

fourteen