Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's So Wrong, It Must Be Tuesday!




The dorkiest hero since King Kandy..... what nerd thought this one up? If I wanted to learn something worthwhile, I sure wouldn't have been reading Dial H!
___________________________________



It's not the life size space capsule that caught my eye, although you can imagine the horror someone's mother felt when their child "won" this huge eyesore.... it's like the "major award" Ralphie's father won in A Christmas Story.

No, what really blew my mind, Daddy-O, is that someone lumped in Paul Revere & the Raiders with the Beatles and the Stones:

9 comments:

FoldedSoup said...

...except the Beatles never used Vox guitars. Well, not on any recordings anyway.

They did use Vox amps, but that's not as cool of a sell, I suppose.

(kinda a Beatles nut, me. And guitar player.)

Michael Jones said...

You have to take Strata Man for granite. It makes me all sedimental just remembering him. Shale I go on...?

Anonymous said...

"Hey, Mom. Guess what's coming to the airport...?" Take a look at www.clothmonkey.com/gemini.htm to see what happen to the winner.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Ah, Strata Man: the "Three-Legged Jeans" of super-heroes. "He's not any lamer than Metamorpho..."

Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, I say we separate Strata Man's layers and start diggin' for fossils! ;-)

SallyP said...

Now now, let's not be all nasty about Paul Revere & the Raiders. I'll bet you still know all the lyrics when one of theirs songs come on the radio.

Sockamageed!

Gosh, I just LOVE saying that!

SallyP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adam Barnett said...

the only Paul Revere song I think I've ever heard of is that "Cherokee People" one. I lived in Tahlequah, Oklahoma (the Capitol of the Cherokee Nation) for a time, so I have many comments as to the artistic license Mr. Revere may have taken.... :-)

Adam Barnett said...

and sea of green, I'll save foldedsoup the trouble: Be careful where you dig on the guy.... hey, it FELT like a fossil! :D