Monday, December 3, 2007

The Fabulous 50's!


Superhero titles must have been pretty rare indeed if kids were getting all jazzed about "Giantboy" and "The Mole."
_______________________________


What a true Midwestern Republican Pa Kent was. We'll drain our life savings for medical expenses because there's no socialized medicine, and I'm damn fine with it!
________________________________


You mean there's no hope, doctor?

Well, there's hope for me. I'll be taking that life savings now. God Bless George W.!

7 comments:

Jeremy Rizza said...

Robby Reed's "pals" are getting faces full of acid in the next panel, aren't they? I knew that little twerp would finally snap...

Anonymous said...

The 50s were fabulous, but didn't Robby do his Giantboy and Mole thing in 1966?

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's an ailment unknown to medical science because Superboy is an alien from the planet Krypton.

And why the hell do his parents call him Superboy, anyway? My parents don't call me Sexxxtacy.

SallyP said...

Too bad for that Doctor, that the Kent's life-savings were actually chickens.

De said...

I just finished reading the Robby Reed run of Dial H for Hero. All I wanted afterward was a) my wasted time back and b) to kick Robby in the balls.

Ethan said...

D'ya reckon the average Kansas farmer can rattle off the names of the world's foremost experts on any old topic?

"Pa! A giant prehistoric crustacean just smashed the Smallville Town Hall!"

"We need the world's foremost expert on giant crustaceans. Well, let's see... that'd be Gilbert Crawford."

Adam Barnett said...

Actually, Robby *did* do the Dial H for Hero thing in 1966.... I'm knee-deep in Adventure Comics from the latter 1950's and am reading the Dial H comics as a palate cleanser, which caused me to mix up the years. That's what happens when you start to age. It's called the calendar, kids.... and it's coming for YOU!!!!