Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Future's so Bright, pt. 2

You aren't going to believe this, but Friday is another holiday. Yup, Oklahoma turns 100 or something. All I know is, the Powers that Be said I didn't have to come to work, so I'm not. I really don't have to know why.

But you didn't think we could contain snarky comments about Superboy's first adventure with the Legion in just one day, did you? *snort!*


I can't seem to get past this horrible teacher. I mean, it's bad enough that he shriveled like a raisin the first time his visual aid failed in yesterday's post. But now that he's overcome that obstacle, what lesson were the kids supposed to take away from this? I mean, you aren't going to be much of a force in the job market just because you can put "I know that Superboy was able to melt things by staring at them. Somehow," on your resume.

*sigh*.... but he'll be marching on the capitol steps for another pay raise as soon as that bell rings. Just watch.
_________________________________



I may be overthinking it, but how do you know when an invisible eagle has escaped?

I'd be the smart-ass employee who tells his boss, "No, it's still there. It's just invisible." It's amazing I'm able to hold down a job at all.
__________________________________



Wow, that's a high-tech sign the Legion has on their headquarters, isn't it? Cardboard and magic marker and everything. I guess that's so their little arm patches don't look even worse by comparison.

See you Monday!

8 comments:

The Mutt said...

I swear the guys who drew those old legion comics thought they were doing designs for low-budget theater.

Sea-of-Green said...

*Snicker*

Why does Time Bandits suddenly come to mind?

"So that's what an invisible barrier looks like!" ;-)

Anonymous said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Superboy use his HEAT VISION to melt things, not his X-ray vision? Unless he's got the x-rays dialed up too high, in which case everybody in that room is going to die from cancer.

Anonymous said...

The sign looks cheap because it was an emergency replacement. Saturn Girl made them take down the "He-Man Wimmin Haters" sign down before Superboy got there.

SallyP said...

Wait...X-Rays can melt steel? That's it! I'm never going to the hospital again!

Boy, those Legion brats were an elitist bunch!

Anonymous said...

Through most of the Weisinger Era, Superman didn't have explicit Heat Vision, and melted things "with the heat of his X-Ray Vision." Julie Schwartz must've decided that was way too tedious to write in every issue.

As to the invisible eagle, I have a better question: What the Hell kind of zoo attraction is that!?

"Hey, kids, wanna see the invisible eagle? Well, you can't! There it is! Ha ha haaa!"

Actually, that does sound like how things would work in the Legion's era. I withdraw my comment.

(And it's a plastic cardboard simulant. Huge advance. All the crappiness, none of the biodegradability.)

Irrevenant said...

Re: The invisible eagle, I'm guessing the gaping hole in the side of its enclosure subtly hinted as to its escape...

Anonymous said...

clubhouse looks like a vagina
guffaw