Monday, June 18, 2007

This Really Creeps Me Out


Another classic ad from the 1940's, for Bit-O-Honey, the tastiest thing that will yank a perfectly healthy tooth right out of your jaw, root and all. I love me some Bit-O-Honey, but as Beloved pointed out, it ain't worth replacing a $500 crown.

That being said, this ad really gives me the heebie-jeebies. A boy is down, and along comes Little Miss Short Skirt, offering to compound his problems by giving him a piece of (albiet delicious) asphalt to chew on. Jezebel!!!!!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Ah, the good old days...no helmet, no kneepads, no nothin'. Actually, looking at little Miss Honey's leg there, it looks as though she'd been kissing the pavement as well.

dan said...

This comic reminds me of something my father would say, "when you beat someone down you should pick them up and buy them a beer."

She clearly has just taken the boy down with vicious knees to the crotch.